are about to enter the spirit realm. Powers you will engage after this point are
beyond your ability to control.
There’s more to sex than mere skin on
skin. Sex is as much spiritual mystery as physical fact. ( 1 Corinth.
The powerful mystery of sexual desire marks it
as a spiritual phenomenon. Yet talk of sexuality has largely been banned from
churches, leaving a vacuum which the world is literally hell-bent to fill.
“Sex is dirty and immoral,” as the culture
confounds, “so save it for marriage and the one you love most!” But if God
created sex as a reflection of His very image in male and female together (Gen.
1:27), it must be good.
that we lack the discipline to repress sexual desire, but rather, the faith to
embrace it as God intends.
Among people who
acknowledge and respect spiritual power, sexual desire prompts awe, even
worship. Because we can’t control it, however, our secularized culture uses
religion to confine sex to manageable morality, divorcing it from spirituality
and infecting it with shame.
“Was It Good for You (Too)?
Bonding and a Woman’s Heart
” by Mary Andrews-Dalbey, PhD
reality-based view of sex, free from either judgmental religion or care-less
tolerance. It’s not about “what you can do to improve your sex life,” but
rather, what God is doing to accomplish His purposes in men and women today,
and how He provides what you need to join Him.
- There’s no such thing as a sexual need. Nobody ever died from lack of sex.
- Sexual desire is a holy nostalgia, calling us back to Paradise.
- The human body is the temple of the Spirit. The woman’s womb is the Holy of Holies.
- Sexual morality is about what we don’t do. Sexual fulfillment is about what God does.
- Insofar as the woman bears grace, religion bears a woman-hating spirit.
1. Sexual Rabbit Trails:
Season of Return
2. Holy Nostalgia:
Desire as Homesickness
3. Desire and Destiny:
4. Naked but not Ashamed:
Learning to Trust
5. Anatomy of a Blush:
Genesis of Modesty
6. The Modest Male:
7. Miniskirts and Sunday Morning:
Balancing Grace and Truth
8. Cover up your Daughter—
For My Son’s Sake!
9. No Yellow Elephants:
10. What God Has Joined Together:
Spiritual Consequences of Sexual Union
11. Was It Good for You (Too)?
Sexual Bonding and a Woman’s Heart (Mary Dalbey)
12. Tasteful Gifts Only:
Lust for Innocence
14. Homosexuality and History:
A Perfect Storm
15. “Search My Wife’s Heart, O God”:
Never Waste a Good Fight
16. Sexuality and Religion:
A Marriage Made in Hell
17. Sexuality and Spirituality:
A Marriage Made in Heaven